Terms And Conditions
Cutting-hedge.com Terms and Conditions
The use of cutting-hedge.com Ltd services is an acceptance of our terms and conditions based on a contract between cutting-hedge.com Ltd and the client
these terms are emailed to all clients and are outlined on our website.
• Weekly garden maintenance is based on 12 months a year having fortnightly visits December and January
• Fortnightly garden maintenance is based on 12 months a year and monthly visits December and January
• Monthly garden maintenance is based on 12 months a year.
• Commercial garden maintenance is based on contract with a month’s written notice.
• A calendars months notice must be given in writing to cancel any regular garden maintenance services such as weekly, fortnightly and monthly visits been commercial or domestic
• In the event of not being able to access the garden on the scheduled day of visit, 100% charge will apply and the same in the instance of late cancellation (less than 24 hours).
• If gardeners are turned away during a planned visit a 100% charge will apply.
Cancellations, materials and inaccessibility policy:
- In the event of not being able to access the garden on the scheduled day of visit, 100% charge will apply and the same in the instance of late cancellation (less than 24 hours).
• A calendars months notice must be given in writing to cancel any regular garden maintenance services such as weekly, fortnightly and monthly visits been commercial or domestic.
• If materials are involved, we will need 120 hours or five (31) days notice; if materials have been ordered, the Client is liable for 100% payment of materials.
- A 10% deposit at cutting-hedge.com discretion before job commences, Deposits are not refundable due to cancellation by the client.
• An invoice will be emailed at the end of each job or at the end of the month.
• Payment should be made within 5 days of the date of the invoice; we reserve the right to add interest for late payments.
• All materials will belong to cutting-hedge.com Ltd until full payment has been made.
• All prices, materials, plants and and any fee are subject to 20% VAT.
• Cutting Hedge reserves the right to change our prices of service by writing to the client with in a months notice period.
- Late payments will be charged at 10% after 30 days
• All payments should reach cutting-hedge.com Ltd by due date
- Change or parking permits will be required on day of visit.
• We can try and park on the drive if possible; any payment charges for parking will be invoiced to the client and will include VAT.
General requirements and client liability:
• In the absence of an outside access to the garden site, where it is required for the team to access the garden via the house, we ask the client to protect all floors, walls, doors, furniture and any other object that might become damaged whilst we access the garden.
• Cutting Hedge can offer during maintenance a free Dust sheet to cover floors.
• Cutting Hedge can offer during landscaping a free rubber membrane for the floors followed by a new dust sheet on top charged at £150 + vat per landscaping job.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any theft whilst the front door is left open to allow access to the garden.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to the internal structure of the house while accessing the garden.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to irrigation systems caused by frost, freezing or malfunction, we offer 2 x maintenance service and this is by request only.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to the external structure of the house whilst passing tools, green waste and aggregates through the house to the garden. Sheds, bikes, bins, glass, brick or any other object should be moved and/or protected before work begins.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to wiring, satellites, phone lines, roof tiles and down pipes. These areas should always be kept clear from climbers and foliage; if we have to prune these areas we cannot be held responsible for cut wires, loose bricks, roof tiles moving, satellites moving and down pipes cracking or dropping.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to pipes, irrigation tubes, garden lighting, soil pipes and drains in the hidden event. The hidden event means anything under soil or plants.
• Cutting-hedge.com cannot be held responsible for smashed or cracked glass if builders have been on site. If Building has taken place proper cleaning of debris must be done before any machinery will be used. In most cases re turfing lawn and pressure cleaning must be arranged.
• Underground digging near services on the property or site are required to be accurately identified to us by drawing and in writing before we are required to commence the work. cutting-hedge.com Ltd will not accept liability for damage to services thus indicated and we expressly disclaim any liability for damage to services within the site or property.
• If you have glass, bi folding, sliding, shed summerhouses, any other doors or glass structures that can get damaged by stones, machinery or gardening please protect them and mention it to the team on the day.
• When drilling into walls, brick, sheds or fencing to attach trailing lines we cannot be held responsible for damage caused by old structures while drilling or attaching eyelets and wire hooks.
• Cutting-hedge.com will observe tress to offer recommendations. The owner / tenant of the trees should inspect and arrange tree work for damaged, cracked, branch growth and structural stability. It is the responsibility of the site owner / managing agent / land owner / tenant to arrange regular works carried out on any trees.
• Photography of gardens and works will be taken and can be shown on our website, Face book, Google + or any other means of print or publication without permission. All images will belong and be copy-written to cutting-hedge.com Ltd.
• The client will be responsible to provide a toilet or the hire of a portaloo
Working hours break times:
For a two (2) hours slot, the team will take up to 15 minutes break
For a four (4) hours slot, the team will take a 15 minutes break
For an eight (8) hours slot, the team will take two (2) 15 minutes and one (1) 30 minutes break.
For a two (2) hours slot, the time on site will be a minimum of 1.5hours and a maximum of 2 hours.
For a four (4) hours slot, the time on site will be a minimum of 3.5hours and a maximum of 4 hours.
For an eight (8) hours slot, the time on site will be a minimum of 7.5hours and a maximum of 8 hours.
Due to operational arrangements on a day to day basis, staff will need to collect and return to base. The travel time is split to all bookings and breaks during the working day.
Natural landscaping materials:
Natural products like wood, stone and living products can have a variation in appearance and know one item is the same as the other. Wood products can have cracks, scratches, knots and even holes from insects in.
Wood products can be treated, untreated and spray treated and is important for the client to maintain its appearance and life after completion. In the event of the client not been happy with the materials the client will be held responsible to removal, collection and delivery charges.
Wood products can warp, bend, twist and crack. cutting-hedge.com Ltd does not offer any guarantee against this once we have completed erecting and building any structure.
Irrigation and watering
- Cutting- hedge.com will offer a service plan for Spring and Winter. After installation we will demonstrate and sign it off.
• It will be up to the client to take cutting-hedge.com up on the service plan, if you do not we cannot offer any care to a failed system left over winter as frozen pipes can lead to a week system in future.
• We don’t offer emergency call outs and it is advised you are aware on how to switch of the system in the event of burst water pipes or animal damage.
• We don’t cover any damages caused by burst, damaged pipes or leaks in any event. The client will be responsible for the irrigation system and advice his or hers home insurance of the irrigation system if it is on a roof, building or shed that can cause damage to property. Cutting-Hedge.com Ltd will not be responsible for any irrigation in this situation.
• We don’t offer any guarantees on any living product were neglect of not watering it has accrued.
Electrics and Lighting
- All Electrics and Lighting will be between you and the electrical contractor of choose cutting-hedge.com are not electricians and we will not be responsible for any damages cased by faults to and electrics.
• We can or might have suggested a electrician but we do not employ electricians it will be between the client and electrician undertaking the work to certify all the correct procedures have been implemented.
Skips and waste
Cutting-Hedge.com Ltd has a Lower Tier Licence – This allows us to remove and (“only carry waste they produced in the course of carrying out their business”) carry green waste that we have generated only.
- Cutting- hedge.com will include a skip on all jobs if stated on quotation.
• If a permit is needed it will be up to the client to arrange a skip directly with the skip company.
• Cutting- hedge.com cannot guarantee the amount of skips needed to do a job., and will be the responsibility of the client to order more to finish the job.
• It is between the client and the skip company to resolve any damages caused to the property, public and council areas.
• Cutting- hedge.com offers free skip lights and covering of the skip each day while on site.
• All waste generated will be the responsibility of the client to arrange waste removal if a skip is not arranged.
• If delays happen due to no skip or waste collection the client will be liable to pay for Cutting- hedge.com staff wages
Plants and Planting:
- Cutting-hedge.com will offer 2 months guarantee on all plants supplied and planted by us only. We do not offer a guarantee to plants that have been neglected by means of watering, feeding and after care.
• Plants and Planting:
• Cutting-hedge.com will offer 2 months guarantee on all plants supplied and planted by us only. We do not offer a guarantee to plants that have been neglected by means of watering, feeding and after care.
Quotation and gardening slot booking
• Cutting- hedge.com use email as means of invoicing, quotation and bookings. All emails between client and cutting-hedge.com Ltd are a means of contract and acceptance of our terms and conditions.
• A quotation is a legal bidding document that you the client have accepted the terms and conditions.
• Variations to working time is adjustable by the gardener if gardening duties have been completed, no deductions will be given to any booked slots.
• All Slots are a time indication and this can include unpacking tools, collection of materials, packing of van, travel, green waste removal, green waste recycling, breaks and verbal conversations with manager and owner.
• Pre booked one off slots are not based on hourly charge. Slots are based on work quantity, insurance, van, fuel, staff and knowledge to undertake gardening duties. Cutting-hedge.com are not time watchers therefore no deductions will be given for time management.
• All Slots will have 2 gardeners on duty. Dependent on season a Two, Four and Eight hour slot can include one(1), two(2) or three(3) gardeners this is calculated on maximum time spent in the garden. An example is if you book a 2 Hour slot and one gardener attends we will charge you for a 2 hour slot but stay a maximum of 4 hours.
• Variations to landscaping, garden design, fencing, turfing, artificial grass and any other outlined job on quotation will be charged for at a given hourly rate of £25 + vat per hour per gardener. Any materials, waste, skips used will be charged as an additional item on invoice.
• Staff members have no authority to make changes. Verbal discussions will not be accepted to any staff members and any changes should be emailed.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 to 17:00
• Saturday 9:00 to 12:00
• Sunday Closed
Cutting Hedge reserves the right to change prices, cancel a service or to return a deposit by giving a months notice to any service with Cutting-Hedge.com Ltd
05150011 Incorporated on 9 June 2004